A server is a powerful computer that controls and delivers network services to other computers. Such a computer usually has effective software and internet connection. Web hosting companies usually use web servers to host websites via World Wide Web. This server can also lose its security from viruses and Trojans. RootCheck is effective open source software that detects and scans any available Trojan in your server. It sends server results to your email soon. Here are some ways on how RootCheck improves your server security:
- It quickly detects and scans all the available Trojans. This leaves no trace of any Trojan in your server.
- It checks all your password files to find if there is any error.
- RootCheck keeps your entire server system working efficiently.
- It also checks and removes public rootkit software. It is always hard to detect rootkit without RootCheck software.
- It checks your device directory files to ensure that everything is okay.
- It checks log files in your server. Log files usually records everything that takes place in your server.
- The other good thing is that it checks your entire network interface controller. This is the most important device that your server uses to connect to computer network. RootCheck ensures that it is in good state.
These are the most important RootCheck advantages that ensure your server security. Now that you understand its importance, you need to know how to install RootCheck. Below are some tips on how to install RootCheck into your server:
- The first thing is to login your server through SSH root. This gives you full access to your server.
- The next thing to do is search for effective RootCheck software from the internet. After that, download it immediately.
- You need to ensure that the downloaded software is hash sum. This lets you detect any errors to be sure that it is valid. Ensure that your text file entries match those of hash sum.
- After that, take out its contents into your server.
- The last thing to do is run RootCheck on your server. This marks the process of installing open source software into your server.
After completing the above process, wait for your server results. It sends you accurate results immediately after scanning your server. With the results, you now know how to make your server effective and secure.
Leave a Reply