Fantastico is a program used in conjunction with cPanel to make web hosting a fast and convenient process. The program can reduce difficulties for developers, both novice and experienced, to create as well as maintain websites and web applications. Among the top applications supported by Fantastico are open-source applications like WordPress. Most of the popular hosting companies offer Fantastico to save the developers from having to manually install WordPress. This not only saves time, but also the hassle that a newbie webmaster may face. Before you learn how to install WordPress in a single click using the program, here are some of its advantages that you should know first:
Advantages of Fantastico
- Fantastico eliminates the need to have expert knowledge about complicated scripts and programs to install a website.
- It helps to develop fully-functional websites rich with many advanced features.
- It has some easy to introduce add-ons to improve the website’s functionality.
- It is easy to update a website’s scripts to maintain it functioning as well as secure when you are using Fantastico.
WordPress needs no introduction as this is an open-source content management system used by hundreds of thousands of bloggers across the world. Even if you are creating or installing a WordPress website for the first time, you can do it effectively with the help of Fantastico. Here are the steps to do it:
- Login to you cPanel account using the web hosting account information.
- You can easily locate the Fantastico icon. Click on it. Most probably, you will see the term “Fantastico” written somewhere near as well.
- The Fantastico interface opens up, offering a list of applications that you can install. Click on the WordPress option as that is what you will like to install.
- Click on the New Installation option. Make sure that you are installing the updated version of WordPress.
- You will be required to fill in important details such as installation location, directory name, email address, site name, site description and so on. You will be required to choose your username and a password as well.
- Click on Install WordPress button after filling the information.
- Verify your details and click on the Finish Installation button and that’s it.
Fantastico will install the required WordPress files and set up the database. Now, you will be able to use WordPress on your website. If you face any problems during the process, you can reach me through the comments.